ICON and Fox Williams LLP are delighted to announce their first event of 2012, ’The CEO Agenda 2012' with guest speakers: Google, PayPal, Lovefilm.com, Eden Ventues & ICON. Description Is this the most exciting time for technology businesses... ever? While the UK economy continues to flatline, the Technology sector is booming. In fact, the long-talked about convergence of IT, Media and Comms is now happening at an accelerated rate, which is having a massive impact on how we conduct our lives and run our businesses. As a result, the growth and spin-offs have created huge opportunities for innovative fast-growth companies. With Technology being hailed the new rock n roll, not to mention the interest of tech giants and the government's pledge of support, is the optimism justified? Might technology be the saviour of UK Plc? ICON Corporate Finance and City law firm Fox Williams have invited a panel including Google, PayPal, Eden Ventures and William Reeve, Founder of LoveFilm.com, to debate this and other key items on the CEO Agenda for 2012 including:
- What are the factors accelerating the technology buzz?
- What are the tech and economic trends that we cannot afford to ignore?
- Unleashing the potential: What measures, public or private, might make start-ups grow - beyond being simply a start up?
- Making the UK the worldwide hub for technology. The pace of technology is accelerating, as are competitive threats. How do we sustain world-leading innovation and the competitive edge for the post austerity generation?
- Further speakers to be announced.
Agenda16.00 Arrival and registration 16.30 Welcome 16.35 Keynote The Lovefilm.com Story: funding, growth and Exit to Amazon, William Reeve, Founder, Lovefilm.com 17.00 Panel Debate: Google, Debu Purkayastha, Principal Corporate Development M&A Investments Eden Ventures, Mark Farmer, Founder PayPal, David Clarke, VP & CFO PayPal Europe ICON Corporate Finance, Alan Bristow, CEO Nudge Digital, Luke Aikman, CEO & Founder Fox Williams, Nigel Miller, Partner
Date: Tuesday 31 January 2012
Start Time: 4.00pm
End Time: 7.00pm
Address: Inmarsat Plc, 99 City Road, London EC1Y 1AX