Entrepreneurial businesses really need high-quality advice, supportive investors and receptive banks if they are to grow and prosper.
Why you should attendThis roundtable seminar takes an unusual - but very informative - approach to the key question of the skills, attitude and outlook entrepreneurs need from their advisers, investors and bankers. Part of the Corporate Finance Faculty's ‘Financing Entrepreneurship' series, the highly interactive networking event includes views from four experienced and very well-informed perspectives about the role of their counterparts.
- The Adviser's View: what characteristics, attributes and skills do entrepreneurs and their advisers need to see in good investors and lenders?
- The Banker's View: what characteristics, attributes and skills do lenders need to see in a good venture investor?
- The VC's View: what characteristics, attributes and skills do venture investors need to see in a good entrepreneur or company director?
- The Entrepreneur's View: what characteristics, attributes and skills do entrepreneurs need to see in a good corporate finance advise
Agenda8.30 Registration & Coffee 9.00 Welcome - Robin Fieth, ICAEW 9.10 The Advisers View - Alan Bristow, ICON Corporate Finance 9.25 The Bankers View - Martin Cordey, Lloyds 9.40 The VC's View - Jonathan Gregory, Matrix Private Equity 9.55 The Entrepreneur's View - Chris Underhill, iVoucher & Focus Group Plc 10.10 Q&A 10.25 Close
Who should attend:
- Directors and senior managers of growing businesses looking for opportunities and practical advice to weather the storm and to build their businesses in difficult times
- Entrepreneurs in early-stage ventures and growing businesses
- Corporate finance and professional advisers to SMEs
- Private equity investors, venture capitalists and angel investors in growing businesses
- Bankers specialising in the SME sector
Date: Friday 29 November 2013
Start Time: 8.30am
End Time: 10.25am
Address: Lloyds Banking Group, Harbourside, 10 Cannons Way, Bristol, BS1 5LF